Steps On Handling Your Salty Catch Seafood
- Keep your Salty Catch Seafood product on ice.
- Once home place in refrigerator with a temperature of 32 degrees F.
- Prepare and Consume your fresh caught seafood within two days from date of purchase.
- If you are unable to prepare your fresh seafood within two days, please freeze the product immediately upon receiving. Freezer temp should
be close to 20 degrees F. We recommend vacuum sealing your fresh seafood for best results.
- When freezing shrimp, add water in freezer bag leaving enough room for expansion.
- When thawing your frozen fresh seafood, place overnight in refrigerator. Be sure to place in a small dish or container. If necessary run under
- Freeze for no more than three months for best results in preparing
- In preparing your Salty Catch Seafood, be sure that all surfaces and utensils are clean. Wash hands, cutting board, counter and sink with hot soapy water immediately after preparing uncooked seafood.
Click to view the consumer guide to selecting NC Seafood.