Down East Clambake
We love to gather the family round a good ole Down East clambake full of fresh, local ingredients. Try our favorite recipe below!
- 3/4 peck of clams, we prefer little neck
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped into large pieces
- 6 whole red skin potatoes
- 6 whole sweet onions, peeled
- 4 carrots, chopped into large pieces
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 stick of margarine
- Salt and pepper
- Seafood seasoning, we use Sauer's or Old Bay
Here's what to do:
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly.
- In a large stewing pot stack clams then chicken breasts.
- Layer vegetables in any order you'd like.
- Remember to salt and pepper and add seafood seasoning throughout the layers.
- Slice stick of margarine and place on top. Add 2 cups of water and steam for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove all ingredients from pot, separate and serve. Save the stock to baste over each plate when served.
This one-pot meal is easy for the cook and loved by all!