Lemon Grilled Scallops
Scallops are decandent and rich and one of our favorites. This is our favorite way to serve scallops, simple and fresh off the grill!
- 2 pounds of large sea scallops
- 3 lemons
- 2 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Skewers, wooden or metal | if wooden, make sure you soak them in water to prevent burning
- Non-stick spray
Here's what to do:
- Wash your scallops and set aside.
- Combine the juice from 2 lemons in medium sized bowl.
- Add garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss in scallops and cover bowl. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Light the grill and load your scallops up on skewers.
- Grills scallops for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Finish with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
We love this recipe, especially in the warm months! Try these scallops served with fresh grilled aspargus and roased red potatoes or atop a mixed greens salad with balsamic viniagrette.
Alternate preparation: Instead of grilling, add some olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Sautee the scallops until golden brown. Finish with
fresh squeezed lemon juice.