Simply Southern Fried Shrimp
Who doesn't love a good supper of homemade fried shrimp, right off the boat from the night before? Down east, nothing beats a shrimp that's been deep fried and doused in cocktail sauce. Here's our take on simple fried shrimp that any seafood lover will enjoy.
- 2 pounds of fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 4 cups of House of Autry Seafood Breader
- 1 1/2 liters of oil, we use Canola
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of horseradish
- Salt & pepper
Here's what to do:
- Peel and de-vein your shrimp. Rinse with cool water and sit aside in strainer.
- Heat oil in deep fryer until it starts to bubble up.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in small bowl.
- Place seafood breader in dish for breading. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Thoroughly soak each shrimp in the egg mixture then toss in breader until completely covered.
- Toss the shrimp in fryer and let fry about 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Keep in mind that you may need to do several batches because all the
shrimp may not fit, depending on the size of your pan or fryer.
- When removing the shrimp, place on plate with paper towel to soak up the excess oil. (Remember to use metal tongs!)
- Mix the ketchup and horseradish together and serve with shrimp.
We love to serve ours with french fried taters and homemade cole slaw! Or try em topped with cole slaw on a potato bun!